STATE OF MINNESOTA SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
COUNTY OF OTTER TAIL PROBATE DIVISION
Court File No. 56-PR-22-2986
NOTICE AND ORDER OF HEARING ON PETITION FOR FORMAL ADJUDICATION OF INTESTACY, DETERMINATION OF HEIRSHIP, APPOINTMENT OF PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE AND NOTICE TO CREDITORS
Kenn M. Ninde,
It is Ordered and Notice is given that on 2-14-2023, at 1:30 PM a hearing will be held in this Court at 121 West Junius Avenue, Fergus Falls, Minnesota, for the adjudication of intestacy and determination of heirship of the Decedent, and for the appointment of Katherine Ninde, whose address is 11933 70th Place N., Maple Grove, MN 55369 as Personal Representative of the Estate of Kenn M. Ninde in an UNSUPERVISED administration. Any objections to the petition must be filed with the Court prior to or raised at the hearing. If proper and if no objections are filed or raised, the Personal Representative will be appointed with full power to administer the Estate, including the power to collect all assets, to pay all legal debts, claims, taxes and expenses, to sell real and personal property, and to do all necessary acts for the Estate.
Notice is also given that (subject to Minnesota Statutes section 524.3-801) all creditors having claims against the Estate are required to present the claims to the Personal Representative or to the Court Administrator within four months after the date of this Notice or the claims will be barred.
BY THE COURT
Dated: 1-4-2023 SHARON BENSON
Judge of District Court
Dated: 1-4-2023 Gina DeVilbiss Hendry
Court Administrator DEPUTY
The hearing will be held remotely via Zoom. If you wish to participate, contact Court Administration for the remote hearing information prior to the hearing date.
Published January 24, January 31, 2023
STATE OF MINNESOTA IN DISTRICT COURT
COUNTY OF OTTER TAIL SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Nancy K. Easton, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Melvin L. Easton and Bryan L. Easton,
Robert L. Hough, Randall Hough, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Robert L. Hough, Freeman Howard Hough, Freeman H. Hough, Howard Charles Hough, Barbara L. Hough, Amy Jo Miller, Lisa Marie Sterba, Lea Ann Voss, Sonja Jeanne Duvall, Phillip Kirk Duvall, Curtis Edward Phillips, Scott Howard Phillips, Julie Marie Boggs and the unknown heirs of the above- named defendants, and also all other persons or parties claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS BEING DIRECTED TO: The above named Defendants.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Charles J. Ramstad
114 Holmes Street West
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Otter Tail County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot Six (6) of Long View First Addition, according to the Plat thereof on file and of Record with the Otter Tail County Recorder.
Also described as:
Lot Six (6) of First Addition to Long View, according to the Plat thereof on file and of Record with the Otter Tail County Recorder.
AND YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that the object of said action, among other things, is to determine the title and adverse claims to the land hereinafter described and that no personal claim is made against any of the Defendants hereto.
RAMSTAD, SKOYLES, WINTERS & BAKKEN, P.A.
Dated: December 5, 2022 By: Charles J. Ramstad
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
114 Holmes Street West
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56501
Phone: (218) 847-5653
Atty. Reg. No. 0169390
Published January 17, January 24, January 31, 2023
NOTICE OF HEARING ON IMPROVEMENT
SOUTH MAPLE AVENUE AND ALLEY NORTH OF COMMUNITY CENTER
CITY OF OTTERTAIL
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Notice is hereby given that the city council of Ottertail, Minnesota will meet at City Hall located at 239 Highway 78 North, Ottertail, MN 56571 at or about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 16, 2023, to consider the making of Improvements to the following areas:
• South Maple Avenue from Trunk Highway 108 to 1st Street South
• Alley located north of the City of Ottertail Community Center Between South Maple Avenue and South Lake Avenue
by making improvements to the street or alley, curb and gutter, sidewalk, and adjoining driveways, pursuant to Minn. Stat. §§ 429.011 to 429.111. The areas proposed to be assessed for such improvement are areas abutting and/or benefitting from the improvements. The estimated cost of the improvement is $250,000. A reasonable estimate of the impact of the assessment will be available at the hearing. Such persons as desire to be heard with reference to the proposed improvement will be heard at this meeting.
Ms. Amanda Thorson
Published January 31, February 7, 2023