DC council hears about fire training
By Chad Koenen
A large fireworks display will continue to be a part of the annual Deer Trails Day celebration in Deer Creek.
During its regularly scheduled meeting last week, the Deer Creek City Council approved a three year contract with Premier Pyrotechnics for the Deer Trails Day fireworks display.
The fireworks display is sponsored in large part by the Deer Creek Lions Club. Members of the Deer Creek City Council said the fireworks display has been a popular addition to the annual celebration. By approving a three year contract with the company, Deer Creek will take advantage of a special pricing offer from Premier Pyrotechnics.
Next year Deer Trails Day will move back to its conventional fourth weekend in July, after being moved to the fourth weekend in June over the past few years.
In other news
• Heard the Deer Creek Fire Department training at 107 Clark St. went well. The department was able to get approximately seven sets of training exercises in before the dilapidated house was burned down.
• Approved holding a meeting in November with the Deer Creek Cemetery Association. The City of Deer Creek and Deer Creek Township operate the cemetery as part of an association and need to get together to discuss a variety of items at the cemetery.
• Approved a liquor license for Deer Creek Express for 2024.
• Approved requesting 30 yards of salt/sand from Otter Tail County Maintenance.
• Approved a variety of resolutions that were required for the city to receive its Small Cities Development Program grant. The resolutions included: adopting a Fair Housing Plan of Action, adopting a Prohibition of Excess Force Policy, adopting a Residential Anti-Displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan, adopting a Section 3 Plan that requires contractors to complete and submit the Section 3 form prior to contract war and Certification for a Drug-Free Workplace and program incoming documentation.