Henning Community Ed. to host upcoming classes
News | Published on January 17, 2023 at 10:32am EST | Author: henningmaster0
Registration underway for kids cooking classes, elementary cheerleading clinic
For more information or to pre-register for the following classes, please contact the Henning Public School at 583-2927, ext. 8000.
• Parent/Child (or grandparent/grandchild) Valentine Craft Class: Choose from a cute dog or cat wooden cut out (cut outs are 11” tall). The adult and child can each choose a dog or cat cut out to work on. The class is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 6 p.m. in the Henning School Art Room. The class fee is $25/pair (this includes a project for the adult and the child). Pre-register by January 24. Class size is limited so please register early. (Photo of class project can be found on the Henning Community Education Facebook page)
• Beginning Ice Skating class for students in grades K-6 is scheduled to meet on Mondays and Wednesday, Feb. 13, 15, 22 and 27 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Henning Ice Rink. Participants will learn basic skating and balance. Children need to be picked up from the ice rink by 4:30 p.m. The class fee is $12. Registration deadline is February 6. Class size is limited, register early.
• Driving Skills for Seniors (4-hour refresher) class is scheduled for Thursday, April 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Henning Community Center. People age 55 and older who complete this state-approved defensive driving course are eligible to receive a 10 percent, three-year discount on their auto insurance. The class fee is $20 (make checks payable to the Henning Public School). Pre-register and make payment to the Henning Public School by April 13. (Must take the 8 hour course prior to taking the 4 hour refresher course).
• Instant Pot 101 class is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Henning Community Center with instructor Cindy Hockert. Hockert is an Instant Pot enthusiast who loves to share the things she’s learned. She will explain the basics and put participants at ease on the functions of using their Instant Pot. She’ll also give participants some tips regarding purchasing an Instant Pot if they don’t already have one. Come to class hungry as Hockert will be making a variety of Instant Pot items in class as a demonstration including an appetizer, main course and dessert. Class participants will have the opportunity to sample the items made the night of class. And there will also be a door prize! Register early, class size is limited. The class fee is $10/person. Pre-register and pay by February 6.
• A “Kids in the Kitchen” class is being offered through Henning Community Education in collaboration with 4-H. Food, fun and reading is a program with food related story book themes that “feed” growing minds and growing bodies. Youth will learn kitchen skills, experiment with kitchen science, and sample their recipes. Classes will be held at the Henning Public School on Thursdays Jan. 19, 26, Feb. 2, 9 and 16 from after school until 5 p.m. The cost of the class is $25 per child (make checks out to East Otter Tail County 4-H). Enrollment forms are available at the Henning School District Office. Registration deadline was January 12. Contact the Henning Public School at 583-2927, ext. 8000 for more information or to register.
• An “Elementary Cheerleading Clinic” will be held at the Henning Public School on January 31, February 2, 8 and 9 from after school until 4 p.m. Children in grades K-6 are invited to come and have fun learning some of the cheers. Participants are also scheduled to perform at halftime of the girls and boys varsity basketball games on February 10 and during the Snow Week pep fest at the Henning School.
• Mid-winter blues got you down? Need to fulfill your New Year’s resolution of more exercise? Want to meet and connect with people in a fun way? Well, pickleball may be just for you. Henning School will be starting pickleball nights on Sunday, Jan. 15 at 4 p.m. at the Henning Public School. Organizers plan to make this a weekly event—every Sunday at 4 p.m. Courts will be set up in the small gym. Use the Henning School Main Entrance. The fee is $3 per person/time or $10 per person per month. No sign-up is needed. Just come and we will play with whoever is there. Pickleball is for anyone ages 18 (finished with high school) and up, of any ability level. Participants don’t have to know how to play pickleball to participate—it’s easy to learn. All equipment is provided. Contact the Henning Public School at 583-2927, ext. 8000 with questions.