The following classes are being offered through Henning Community Education.
Please contact the Henning Public School at 583-2927, ext. 8000 for more information or to register for classes.
• Social Security: Timing is Everything—Social Security is a vital income source, but timing is everything. Come to this class to get answers to common Social Security questions, and learn what Social Security can mean for everyone. When should should people apply for Social Security? How can they maximize my benefits? How will this affect a spouse? The class is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 30 at 6:30 p.m. in the Henning School Library. Class fee is $5 per person/family. Registration deadline is November 23
• Ukulele—Class participants will learn chords and finger positions even if they do not read music. This class is for beginners and intermediates. Each participant is asked to bring their own ukulele. The instructor has a few available for use in class on a first-come, first-served basis. Please indicate when registering if you need to borrow a ukulele. The class is scheduled for Tuesdays, Nov. 30, Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Henning School. Class fee is $25. Registration deadline is November 23.
• Large Rustic Sign Art—Create a 6’x9.25” tall sign using a rustic style stencil. Word choices include Welcome, Merry Christmas, Home Sweet Home, Believe, or choose a custom saying. Those who will be choosing their own word, please indicate that when registering. The class is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 29 at 6:30 p.m. Class fee is $35. Registration deadline is November 22.
• Job Seeker Workshop—This 2-session workshop prepares job seekers to be competitive in the local job market. Bring a resume or information for a resume, and a laptop, if you have one. The workshop is scheduled for Mondays, Nov. 29 and Dec. 6 from 6-8 p.m. at the Henning School. The class fee is $40 (scholarships are available for those who are unable to pay the class fee). Registration deadline is November 22.
• Kids Painting Class: Snowman Family—This class is for children ages kindergarten and up. The class is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 29 from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Henning School Art Room. Class fee is $15. Registration deadline is November 22.
• Ticket to Paris—This class is for children in grades 2-6. Students will learn what it is like to visit a different country. They will learn some geography, history, basic French words, prepare a snack, learn some fun facts and do an art project! The class is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 2 from 3:15-5:15 p.m. in the Henning School Spanish Classroom. Class fee is $16. Registration deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 24.