LREC donates money to Henning Military Park
News | Published on November 9, 2021 at 3:06pm EST | Author: Chad Koenen0
Landmark Center also receives donation from LREC
During the quarterly allocation of Operation Round Up (ORU) funding, Lake Region Electric Cooperative (LREC) awarded $24,245 this October. The ORU Board of Trustees granted funding to 12 local organizations at their October 11 meeting, bringing LREC’s total donation amount to $435,195 since 2007.
Organizations receiving funds were:
• $2,500 to A Place to Belong for Community Connections
• $2,120 to Bio Girls Inc. for Bio Girls New York Mills
• $800 to Bluffton Fire and Rescue for a generator
• $5,000 to the City of Fergus Falls for Project Play: NP Park
• $2,500 to Empowering Kids for Building Blocks for the Future
• $1,525 to the Henning Landmark Center to purchase AED and provide CPR training workshops
• $800 to the Henning Military Park for concrete curbing around the landscape area
• $2,500 to JAIL, Inc. for Hope for the Incarcerated
• $1,000 to Otter Cover Children’s Museum for a comfort room
• $2,500 to the Perham Center for the Arts for Art Accessible for All
• $500 to Someplace Safe for promotional items with the Someplace Safe contact information
• $2,500 to Tri-State Manufacturers Association for Project Dream Team
In order to apply for funding for a project, complete the online Operation Round Up Request for Funding form found on the LREC website and submit it with supporting documentation for consideration. Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted until March 15.
Operation Round Up is a voluntary charitable fundraising program through LREC. The trust fund is overseen by a volunteer, nine-member board of trustees, who are selected to serve by LREC’s board of directors. As a LREC member, individuals can participate in Operation Round Up by donating the extra change on your electric bill when rounding up to the next dollar ($0.01-$0.99 each month).
To sign up, members can visit the LREC website, log onto your SmartHub account, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 552-7658.