Perham Health is offering a third dose of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines to qualifying individuals. Those who have a weakened immune system from ongoing cancer treatment, immunosuppressive medications or a health condition, may be eligible.
Currently, the CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
The CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time.
Patients who received the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine are not advised to get an additional dose for now.
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
To schedule a third dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines at Perham Health, call (218) 347-1200.